Friday, October 24, 2008

Shopping, Eating, And Having A GREAT Time!

Today was a really good day! First of all, I didn't have to work and, second of all, I got to go to Oak Brook, IL to have some much needed fun. There were four of us... myself, Tiff, Diane, and Stacy (Tiff works with Diane & Stacy). We left around 8:30am and didn't get back until maybe 7:30pm, but the time just flew by! Diane and Stacy had THE best stories to tell, which made the day all the more enjoyable. ;)

Unbelievable, but we really only went to three stores while we were there... Godiva (of course!), The Container Store, and spent most of our time in Macy's. We actually have Macy's here in town, but the selection is so much better in Oak Brook... swear!

Though, I think the best part would have to be lunch because I could never pass up a chance for some great food! We were originally going to some place called "Champs," which is supposed to be an upscale sports bar, but couldn't find it (oops!) so we went to a place called "Absolutely Delicious" instead (recommended by Diane btw). I'm not kidding you, it was wonderful!!! It is in a cute little area that reminded me a bit of Nyack, New York if you've ever been there. When you walked inside the restaurant, the atmosphere was chic and cozy. Heh, we all ordered the same chicken parmesan sandwich with waffle fries and everything was done perfectly. Then, for dessert, we had the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G fallen chocolate soufflé. Mmm mmm mmm! The service was outstanding too! I have nothing but positive things to say about Absolutely Delicious. I wish I had a picture to show you of how neat the place looked... but, did find one of Nyack that has the same type of flavor:

Crazy... on our way home, we saw the most odd-looking car apparently called the Smart Car, which was very similar to this picture (the couple inside looked a little cramped... ouch!):

ALL in all, it was a very nice and relaxing day... ahhh. Can't wait to do it again next year!!!

No comments: