Friday, January 2, 2009

Wow, Guitar Hero- World Tour REALLY Does Rock!

Mikey got me Guitar Hero- World Tour for Christmas (hm, wonder how he knew that's exactly what I wanted... j/k, I asked for it!) and I finally got around to playing it on New Year's Eve. I absolutely LOVE it... it's by far the best of the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. If I had to rank them, it would be 1. Guitar Hero- World Tour 2. Rock Band 3. Guitar Hero 4. Rock Band 2.

The song selection in Guitar Hero- World Tour is wonderful and the set up is even better... I'm addicted again! If it weren't for Guitar Hero/Rock Band, I would've probably never listened to songs that I now can't get enough of... in World Tour there's Steely Dan (Do It Again), Tool (Parabola, Schism, Vicarious), Coldplay (Shiver), Modest Mouse (Float On), Ted Nugent (Stranglehold) and those are to only name a few (yep, that'll for sure be my next playlist!).

I mainly "play" the guitar (I'm working my way through hard on World Tour), but have "played" the drums before and those are pretty tough because I'm not too good at keeping a constant beat like that (heh, Gwen has played the drums on Rock Band too and is surprisingly good... she has wanted to play "real" drums ever since she saw School of Rock a year or so ago, but we thought this would work for right now... aw, it's so cute watching her play though). And, I will NEVER try to sing because I can't carry a tune to save my life... heh, nope, don't want to make too much of a fool out of myself!!! Although, I will only play when I'm by myself or in front of Mikey or Gwen and that's it... so, I guess it won't really matter if no one's around to listen, eh? Anyways... ;)

HAHA, here's a video of Mikey that he actually let me take of him playing World Tour with Linkin Park- What I've Done. (I also got a little video camera called Flip Video for Christmas from him that I wanted to try out!) I'm sorry, it's not the best quality and it's a little long, but some of the moves that Mikey makes are great (hee hee)... and, if anything at all, you could sing along to the song! (Oh, btw, Mikey has a sock monkey hanging around his neck that I got him for Christmas... hehe). ENJOY!!!



(pause playlist at bottom)

No comments: