Friday, November 14, 2008

La Vita è Bella (Life Is Beautiful)

When I was driving to work the other morning, I saw the most surreal thing. Close your eyes and imagine this (well, hah, you can close your eyes after I give you the description!):

It's just another morning and you're in your car driving down an old and familiar gravel country road, with nothing on your mind except getting to work on time. Then, you notice out of the corner of your eye a beautiful scene.... the sun is shining brightly and you turn to look and see a legion of magnificent trees lined in a row like gentle soldiers along the side of the rugged stretch of road, with the sun glinting off each one of the burning red and golden yellow colored leaves as they happily twirl and dance their way down to the ground, like a wonderous rain.

Ok, this example might be a little "over the top" but what I'm trying to say is that alot of times we are so involved in our everyday lives that we often forget to stop and appreciate the good things in life!

So, have a great night... relax... and enjoy the world around you. Also, here's to keeping warm because I heard it's supposed to snow here tonight! :)


Titled: The Flicker of Life

(Btw... this is a pic I took of our fireplace... silly, I know, but you get my point!)

No comments: