Friday, November 21, 2008

Movie Review: Twilight

Tiff and I went to the midnight showing last night for Twilight! I had never read the Twilight book series so Tiff was filling me in while we were waiting for over an hour for the movie to start... we got to the theater just before 11pm and are glad we did because it was already half-full... even so, we were able to get pretty good seats!

Truthfully, there were mostly high-school and college girls there (heh, there were even a few guys, but you could tell not by choice!), however, we didn't care. I enjoy going to movies with Tiff anyways that it was just like another movie experience. :)

You know what?! Even though I didn't exactly read the first book this movie was based on, I still thought it was a good movie. I especially enjoyed the "baseball" scene... it was very artsy and well done, which was cool. Though, I have to admit there were a few cheesy parts, which caused some laughter that was probably not meant to be there. But, then again, there were also some really funny parts that were supposed to be funny, so I guess it evens itself out a little bit. Oooh, and even if this movie was geared toward a "younger" audience, it's worth going just to see Rob Pattinson who plays the lead character, Edward Cullen (obviously, he's a vampire!). He was eerily beautiful... wow. Now, just know he's really twenty-two so I think it's ok to oogle over him! Haha. Twilight was just a sweet romantic experiment in young love that in reality would most likely be unattainable... fyi, no matter what anyone tells you, vampires are not real (aw, too bad)! ;) This movie was supposed to be full of fun and fantasy, so I enjoyed it.

HOWEVER, it might not meet the expectations of people who have actually read the Twilight books. Tiff thought it was only ok and probably wouldn't go see it a second time. She did mention the cheesy parts were pretty bad so I think that was her main criticism.

Twilight: IF you have no expections and just enough knowledge to understand the story, you would probably enjoy the movie. But... IF you read the books or have an idea of what the movie "should be" before going into the theater, you might be disappointed!

(Cool pic from Entertainment Weekly of Kristen Stewart "Bella" and Rob Pattinson "Edward.")

Enjoy this beautiful song from the movie (and soundtrack) called Bella's Lullaby (instrumental- piano):

(pause playlist at bottom to listen)

Please note the pics of the baseball scene are from the Twilight Illustrated Movie Companion Book courtesy of Robert Pattinson ... Who? and the pic of Robert Pattinson is courtesy of Robert Pattinson dot org. You can click on the pics to enlarge!

No comments: